Mitchell M. Tsai, Attorney at Law, a boutique public-interest environmental law firm based in Pasadena, California, is seeking an Associate Attorney to join their expanding law firm.
Working in collaboration with the Principal Attorney, the Associate Attorney will advise and represent clients in environmental and land use litigation. Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Advising clients concerning the advisability of prosecuting or defending lawsuits, or legal rights and obligations.
- Prepare and draft legal documents, such as complaints, letters, motions, and trial briefings.
- Handle court appearances; appear in court on a regular basis. *
- Familiarity with National and State environmental laws, especially CEQA and Land Use.
- Strong legal writing and research skills.
- Must be able to work independently, managing a high-volume and active litigation caseload from beginning to end.
- Knowledge of laws, legal codes, court procedures, precedents, government regulations, and standard legal procedures and practices.
- Familiarity with the Microsoft Office Suite and Google Docs.
- Must maintain a professional demeanor and appearance.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- J.D. Degree from American Bar Association accredited law school.
- Admitted to practice law in California.
- Minimum of 2 years of litigation experience.
- Environmental litigation experience preferred.
If interested in this position, please send your resume and cover letter, along with a legal writing sample (limit five pages) to Recruiting@CresmerHR.com Please send your documents in .pdf format only.
No relocation assistance is offered, and no phone calls, please.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Job Type: Full-time